Monday, November 6, 2017

Guess Who's Coming to Town!?

Meet Lourdes from Maia's Handbags...
I am a wife, mother and grandmother! I’ve worked in Marketing Communications my entire career, but I am a crafter and have always loved design and making things. 

I started making handbags in early 2016 when I made some spring bags for my little nieces and a wedding clutch for my daughter-in-law. I am inspired by unique designs and almost everything around me.
I learned to sew from my mother and soon realized I loved it and had the patience to do it. My creative process begins when I have an idea for a design from seeing  a textile or a bag someone may be carrying. I have a sketch book where I draw all my ideas and designs, and from there I begin to lay out my fabric, cut it, and make my idea come to life.
I plan on continuing to do this for the next 5 years and beyond. I want my bags to be casual, unique and functional.I want the women who purchase them to LOVE their bags and know that no one else will have one just like it!
You can visit my website at www.maiashandbags.com to see what I’ve been working on!

Meet Kristi Ansley from Art Flow...
Hi! My name is Kristi Ansley. I am an office manager for a plumbing company, a mother to a 5 year old & the owner of Art flow.
I have been crafting & painting for many many years but just recently discovered this form of art from a good friend. I've been to other painting instructional places & yes they are super fun but I found most people I was with felt unhappy with their skills. When I was introduced to this form of art, I fell in love immediately! I knew it would be easy & fun for everyone! One pour & you'll be hooked too! 
This will be my first time doing the Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show & I’m very excited to see what it’s all about!

What inspires me? The freeing feeling & stress relief associated with art, especially this form of art. I’m looking forward to bringing a unique form of art that anyone can do to people that may have felt frustrated in the past by their own skills.

I enjoy seeing what color combinations work well together & trying all the different techniques that go along with acrylic pour painting.
My hopes for the future is to have my own store front for pour painting parties and galleries. For now I’m enjoying creating & hosting events at local places to share my love of Art Flow!

The message behind my work is ~ To spread peace, love, light & hope. Let Go & Lose Control with Art Flow!

Check out our facebook page (www.facebook.com/artflowexperience) for all upcoming events & give it a try! Come get messy, let go & lose control with us! It's very freeing & you will create one of a kind uniquely amazing artwork too!

Meet Connie Morilak from The Singing Beader...
My name is Connie and I'm a self-represented handmade jewelry artisan who sells on ArtFire.com and Etsy.com. I also sell my handmade earrings at Joseph's Hair Salon in Strongsville.
I was inspired by my husband's cousin who taught me the basics of making a beaded necklace. I loved the craft immediately and started making a lot of jewelry for myself. It was great to make bracelets that fit my small wrist. Store bought are always too big for me.

I named my business The Singing Beader and started selling online in 2009. The Singing Beader name represents both my love for making jewelry and singing. I love to sing, especially karaoke. I'm often asked if I sing and make jewelry at the same time. I usually don't because I like to put my heart into each one separately to give it my all.
After making hundreds of jewelry pieces for myself, I was encouraged by friends to sell my beautiful work online. I don't use patterns or online tutorials for my work, I come up with my own designs and ideas. 
In 2009 I started making one of a kind gemstone, crystal, and pearl jewelry and then expanded to music-themed jewelry around 2012. Many of the music pieces are also one of a kind, and some have hard to find musical instrument charms, like oboes, xylophones, triangles, tambourines, and bagpipes. I also sell microphone jewelry for the singer. My music jewelry is my best seller.
In five years, I hope to get my husband involved in my business since he will be retired. For now, he's my roadie for hauling my goods to craft shows. This will only be the 2nd Avant-Guard Art & Craft show I've participated in but I've been a shopper for several years.


2017 Strongsville Fall Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Strongsville Ehrnfelt Recreation Center
18100 Royalton Rd.
Strongsville, OH 44136
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment