Thursday, April 14, 2016

Meet the Skilled Strongsville Crafters!

Meet Melanie Smith from Embedded Elements...
My name is Melanie and I live in Streetsboro, Ohio, with my husband, two young children, and two cats! I currently work full-time as an Account Manager for a drug information resource company. I craft my resin items in the evenings and on the weekends in my spare time. I have been working with resin for three years but have been crafting since I was nine years old. This will be my first Avant-Garde show!
Ever since I was young, I have loved making things. My first experience with crafts was when I received a Barbie crochet kit when I was eight. Ever since then, I've been hooked on crafts. Growing up, people were always amazed with items I made. That's when I knew I had some talent for creating things that didn't look homemade. I discovered my talent with resin when I researched how to make tile coasters. They came out so wonderfully that I began to research how to make other items, such as jewelry, out of resin. 

What inspires me to create is seeing all the talent on Etsy, Pinterest, and at craft shows. Ever since I was young, I always wanted to make a hobby out of making crafts and selling them at shows. When I first started working with resin, I was instantly hooked. I love creating new and unique jewelry items to wear, as well as other items you can use around the house. 
I would soon like to incorporate custom options to embed personal sentiment objects to help preserve special memories. The message behind my work is to provide pretty, useful, and one of a kind items to individuals who love to buy homemade. 

Meet Noelle Zambetti from Nilikha Bead Jewelry...

Mabuhay! That's "hello" in Filipino. My name is Noelle and I'm the crafter behind Nilikha Bead Jewelry (nee-leek-ha -- means created). I was born and raised in the Philippines. My birthday marks the feast day of an Irish patron saint. So, I suppose you could say that I'm an Asian born on St. Patrick's Day with a Christmas name! This will be my second year with Avant-Garde!
I have been an avid beader and crafter for almost 20 years. What once was a hobby has transformed into a passion. Apart from benefitting charities, my jewelry has also won awards and earned recognition at craft shows and online jewelry-making sites. My creations aim to appeal to a wide variety of style and budgets. I specialize in customized jewelry for special occasions such as weddings, anniversaries, proms, birthdays, and baby showers.
Every day I thank the good Lord for blessing me with this gift and that I am able to share it with others. My numero uno inspiration is my mom, Sonyah. I think of her as the Asian Martha Stewart. The woman can craft almost anything. She is the reason for my "if I can't buy it, I'll craft it myself," attitude. 
My hope is that with continued exposure in craft shows as well as online presence, I will be afforded further opportunity to showcase myself as an artist. I also yearn to gain knowledge from fellow crafters so that I can improve and expand my creative horizons. Ultimately, I want people to enjoy my creations as much as I have enjoyed creating them. Salamat (thank you)!

Meet Dustin Shoaf from Rustic Wood Work by Dustin...

My name is Dustin and I am 35 years old. I am originally from Columbus, Ohio, but am currently living in Lorain, Ohio. I am engaged to my amazing fiancé, Stefanie. This will be my first Avant-Garde show and I'm very excited to be part of it!
I have been associated with the process of wood working on and off for a few years. I started out by making furniture and other household crafts for our own house and other family members. I slowly started to hone my craft as well as increase my tool supply, which has given me the opportunity to expand the specificity of items I custom build. 
My inspiration for wood-working comes from the a love of creating things and creating something from start to finish. I also have a strong inspiration for providing high quality furniture and crafts at a very affordable price. My wood working talent has continued to evolve and get better as time goes on. 
My creative process is not really all that technical. I will get some ideas in my head and then roughly sketch them down on paper. At that point, I will start deciding on a specific finish, whether it be rustic or nature, and then proceed to custom build the item. My message is to supply a wide variety of customers with quality, custom-made furniture and crafts at a very acceptable price.
2016 Strongsville Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, April 23, 2016
Strongsville Ehrnfelt Recreation Center
18100 Royalton Rd.
Strongsville, OH 44136
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment