Wednesday, April 20, 2016

It's Almost Showtime, Strongsville!

Meet Donna Bobko from Get the Drift...
My name is Donna and I am a retired RN. I am married with three children, two step children, and a total of 14 grandchildren! I have been doing crafting of some sort or another since I can remember. This will be my first Avant-Garde show!
My current craft, using driftwood, started with a beach on Jekyll Island called Driftwood Beach. My love of the ocean and lighthouses also came from that visit, and I decided to combine my love for crafting and the sea to create. 
There is beauty in nature and I love to create my works of art from all that I find in my journeys. I find things like driftwood, stones, and shells in my travels and in my daily life. My husband and I find most of my driftwood along the coast of Lake Erie. I also shop estate and garage sales for that perfect touch of whatever I need. Recycling is one of my favorite joys.
Since I have always been somewhat artistic, I imagine what something will look like in my head, and I go from there. I do not like to sit still for very long, so there is always something in the works that keeps me occupied. I hope to continue doing what I love for many years. I love looking for the beauty in nature. Each piece I make is one of a kind, and I am never satisfied until the piece is perfect. 

Meet Shari Novak...
My name is Shari and this will be my first Avant-Garde show! I recently retired from work and became more crafty in my spare time. I decided to test the waters in the crafting world by participating in my first show!
I've been crafting since I was very young. My mom, my sisters, and I all liked to craft together. I've always had an interest in crafting, crocheting, and being creative. Retiring has given me the opportunity to spend more time crafting.

My designs are all original and handmade. I very much enjoy using my spare time to make my creations a reality!
2016 Strongsville Spring Avant-Garde Art & Craft Show
Saturday, April 23, 2016
Strongsville Ehrnfelt Recreation Center
18100 Royalton Rd.
Strongsville, OH 44136
For more information, contact Becki Silverstein, Event Coordinator at Becki@ag-shows.com
Visit us on:
LINKEDIN

No comments:

Post a Comment